Fei Yue Community Services has been appointed by the Central Youth Guidance Office (CYGO) to run the Youth GO! Programme (YGP). This is a youth street outreach programme that supports at-risk youths so that they will be meaningfully engaged in their studies or work, stay crime-free, and be able to solve problems and be resilient individuals.
From April 2022, our service boundaries are aligned with the towns covered by Social Service Offices (SSO). We cover neighbourhoods under the following SSOs:
1) Social Service Offices @ Bukit Merah and Kreta Ayer
2) Social Service Offices @ Queenstown, Clementi and Jurong East
3) Social Service Offices @ Boon Lay and Taman Jurong
4) Social Service Offices @ Bukit Batok, Bukit Panjang, Choa Chu Kang
5) Social Service Offices @ Sembawang and Woodlands
6) Social Service Offices @ Ang Mo Kio and Yishun
7) Social Service Offices @ Jalan Besar and Toa Payoh
Youth workers make contact with youths in the neighbourhoods by going onto the streets to get to know and befriend them. Youths are informed of the services that exist in their locality, and social workers identify any needs or risk behaviours for appropriate intervention.
Programmes such as fishing, sports, baking, digital media, and animal-assisted activities are organized by youth workers in order to engage and build rapport with the youths, model positive behaviours, and impart life skills.
Information and Referral
Youths who are in distress, facing issues, or need assistance in any way can obtain the services or resources they require.
Our social workers and youth workers outreach to youths, aged 12 to 21, on the streets in these areas and engage them for further intervention work through activities, groupwork and casework. This is one effective way of engaging youth as their receptivity towards us is higher.
The more information we have about the hanging out frequency, location (hotspot) and time would determine the success of engaging the youth.
Youths can seek professional counselling help and support services regarding their personal issues, and be assisted by youth workers in dealing and coping with their challenges. The worker may also work holistically and systemically with the youths’ school and family to effect change.
Click here for referral form
Our Centre Youth GO!
Blk 403 Fajar Rd #01-239
Tel / WhatsApp: 8811 8703*
Fax: 6762 3557
* Workers may be out engaging youths at certain time periods
Usual Operating Hours:
Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM or 1:00 PM to 10:00 PM*
* We do not have a fixed day for our day or night shift as it is subject to the needs of each neighbourhoods.
For enquiries on the Youth GO! Programme, please contact Youth GO! staff at [email protected]