Sponsor a “happy meal” for our elderly today!
They, like us, are counting on you.
Our Seniors Activity Centres target vulnerable seniors residing in 1 or 2-room rental units at Bukit Batok (Block 109 and 210A), 1-room rental units at Holland (from Block 1 Holland Close), 2-room rental units (from Blocks 103, 104, 106 and 107 of Commonwealth Crescent), Block 9 at Teck Whye Lane, and Blk 174A, B, C and D at Hougang. The programmes and services provided aim to improve their quality of life and to prevent social isolation.
- To improve the quality of life of seniors in the low-income group
- To prevent the social isolation of poor and vulnerable seniors in identified HDB rental flat blocks.
- To pro-actively conduct outreach to seniors in the identified service cluster, especially those who are vulnerable and socially isolated, to ensure their wellbeing.
The focus of our selection, implementation and development of activities is on three main aspects: the physical, mental and social well-being of the seniors. The services we provide are as follows:
- Information and Referral
- Daily activities such as morning exercise, interactive games and free breakfast
- Special programmes such as outings, singing class, computer class, free haircuts, block party, birthday celebrations, tea gatherings etc.
- Health & Fitness Corner
- TV / Video / Singing Corner
- Reading / Writing Corner
- Hobbies / Craft Corner
- Training / Seminar Rooms
Charges: Free-of-charge (For residents of the above-mentioned blocks)
There may be levy charges for certain activities for cost recovery purposes