The Retirees Centre provides a platform for retirees to be meaningfully engaged and have a sense of purpose in life.
- To encourage retirees to stay physically fit and mentally healthy
- To promote socialisation and foster new friendships among retirees as well as inter-generations
- To provide a platform for the retirees to feel useful and have a sense of purpose in life
- Body Movement Development
- Language Development
- Logic Development
- Interpersonal Development
- Creativity Development
- Self Awareness Development
- Other Programmes
- Outdoor Activities
- Family Life Education Talks
- Intergenerational Activities
- Community Services
- Volunteer Development
Language Classes, Singing Classes, Handicraft Class, Dancing Class, Morning Exercises and Games
Project IRENE (Integrated Resource Network) is a centre-based programme at Fei Yue Retirees Centre which aims to reach out to seniors to keep them physically active through centre activities, cognitive stimulating activites and social activities so as to prevent them from being at risk of mental illness (such as dementia and depression).
Half and full-day programmes for seniors are available with tea-breaks and lunch provided at a nominal charge. Seniors may also drop in for programmes that they are interested in if they do not wish to attend the half/full day programme (eg. learning English, learning iPAD, exercise classes, etc).
- To provide mental health information and education to residents and their caregivers
- To provide basic screening of mental health conditions (i.e. depression and dementia) to identify older persons who are at risk of mental illness and connect them to the right services for early diagnosis and treatment
- Promote active ageing and social connectivity through organizing activities that are centred around the ‘ABCD’ of
- Dementia, Depression and Mental Health Conditions:
- Activities (Physical) – active ageing activities and programmes
- Brain activities (Cognitive stimulation) – wellness activities and recreational therapy for emotional well-being for seniors and caregivers.
- Connectivity (Social) – befriending services for senior; provide platform and activities to facilitate community network
- Diet – (Health) – healthy diet and cooking class
Project IRENE aims to serve residents ambulant seniors, aged 40 years and above.
Get in touch with us
(Choa Chu Kang)
Blk 11 Teck Whye Lane #01-222
Monday to Friday
9am to 6pm
Registration fee of $12 / year
Monthly fee of $150 or Daily fee of $8 (includes breakfast, lunch, tea)
For enquiries, please contact
Mr Chris Tan
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 6769 6981